By C.J. Shane
Topics lined are:
• how group schools healthy into the U.S. approach of upper education
• the benefits of beginning your American schooling at a group college
• the stairs you want to struggle through to review at an American neighborhood college
• key components to think about while picking an American neighborhood university corresponding to move agreements
• the method of employing to and gaining front right into a group college
• the method of using for a U.S. visa together with required types
• the kinds wanted while arriving within the U.S. and passing via U.S. customs
• opting for sessions at your neighborhood collage and the way to sign up for these classes
• find out how to get support enhancing your English-language skills
• fundamentals approximately residing in the US, together with housing, transportation, and scientific care
• American tradition and the way to house tradition shock
• profiles of 7 American neighborhood schools in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, and Texas
• remark by means of foreign scholars at present learning at American neighborhood colleges
Includes thesaurus of phrases and index.
Read Online or Download American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide PDF
Similar college & university education books
How are professors paid? Can the "best and brightest" be interested in the tutorial career? With universities dealing with overseas festival, which nations compensate their teachers most sensible, and which of them lag at the back of? Paying the Professoriate examines those questions and offers key insights and proposals into the present country of the educational career around the globe.
Enseigner à l'université dans une approche-programme - consultant à l'intention des nouveaux professeurs et chargés de cours aborde le sujet de manière pratique et méthodique. Après avoir mis en lumière tous les avantages qu'offre l'approche-programme, tant pour le professeur que pour les étudiants, l'ouvrage suggest une démarche pour développer et évaluer les compétences disciplinaires et professionnelles.
Students have lengthy famous the position that faculty literary anthologies play within the emerging and falling reputations of yankee authors. Canons via Consensus examines this lecture room fixture intimately to problem and proper a couple of assumptions in regards to the improvement of the literary canon during the twentieth century.
This eye-opening reveal’ turns the total university adventure within out. No stone is left unturned in exposing the corruption of our greater academic approach. whereas the writer recognizes the significance of particular undergraduate and graduate levels, he additionally finds deeper questions: Is university definitely worth the financial investment—by participants and taxpayers?
Extra resources for American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide
American Community Colleges: The International Student's Guide by C.J. Shane